Introducing "BigFish" - our new subscription-based website design, development and maintenance service. We developed BigFish because we found that many small business and start-ups simply do not have the capital to invest in a properly designed and developed website. All to often these companies then look for cheap alternatives or try to build their own websites on one of the many platforms available and end up with poor results.
Problems with DIY platforms for a "cheap" and "easy" website.
- It can take hours if not days to work out how to use the systems effectively.
- Even if the templates are nice, they never look as good once you’ve put your content in, and its often difficult to make style changes to match your branding.
- Many business owners do not know how to layout their content so that it's effectively delivering the message they want.
- There are so many things to learn about, such as SEO, hosting, secure servers, email settings site loading speeds, image resizing, calls to action, lead generation. It can take weeks to get on top of it all.
- After many weeks of work you finally have a website that looks amateur, and most importantly, does NOT deliver the results you need.
The idea behind BigFish is that for absolutely no upfront fees, businesses can have a custom-designed website that delivers impressive performance. But let's be clear - this is NOT a do it yourself platform. With BigFish clients will get all the benefits normally associated with an agency service.
Included with BigFish
- Customised design to the business's branding.
- Assessment of the business needs and content availability and advice on how to layout pages and promote effectively.
- Initial content upload and layout.
- A site that is optimised for SEO, including fast page performance and fully configurable ‘meta’ descriptions and facebook share images.
- A site that works well on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Powerful content systems for blogs, testimonials, events and other content types.
- A slick e-commerce system with an awesome management interface and all the functions that you could want.
- Full analytics reporting so that the business can see what's working and what isn’t.
- Lead generation tools, such as sign up modules and easy to create landing pages.
- Full website hosting on fast servers
- Excellent support – we are here to help you along the way!
Over the next few weeks, I will be writing about all the cool features of BigFish and how we have developed an effective and easy-to-manage extension to one of the great opensource CMS systems available today.
If you are interested in a BigFish website please check out all the details here.